Tuesday 2 July 2013

How did I end up here?



Oh heck, how did I end up here? Just over an hour to go to my birthday & I let my curiosity about blogging get the better of me. Well, I'm here now, so let's find out what all the fuss is about.

Guess I better start by introducing myself: my name is Alison, but I tweet as @cilentoangel and I have a flickr page: www.flickr.com/photos/cilento_fairy. That should give you a clue as to where I'm blogging from.....yes, that's right, the Cilento region of Campania. Hubby & I have lived here since 2010 and this blog will eventually tell the story of our relocation and give a glimpse of life in this magical part of Italy.


But first we'll start with my birthday celebrations. Thanx to Twitter, I have made friends
all over the world,  from New Zealand & Australia to India, across 'The Pond' in America & Canada, ex pats in Italy as well as some great Italians and loads of amazing people in the UK. They have all been instrumental in helping me settle here & call this place home.

KiwiSylv, my Kiwi friend who lives in Sydney, has made me a cake





My fantastic Kiwi friend Paul was the first to wish me a Happy Birthday, at 2 minutes past midnight his time and my first ever Down Under friend, Sean, has sent me greetings an hour before my birthday officially starts in my time zone. I am truly blessed & overwhelmed by the love & best wishes pouring in.  In fact, I don't want to go to bed, but as I'm an insomniac, Morpheus doesn't share my bed very often, so I must accept his invitation when proferred.


So that's it for my first ever blog......arrivederci!







No comments:

Post a Comment