Friday 23 August 2013

Yes, I Write Poetry Too


For those of you who may not visit any of my other pages apart from my blog posts, here's the first poem I've added to my 'Words' page.

Inspired by unexpected love, it's simply entitled 'You':-


                                      You



You came, you saw, you conquered,
Seduced my intrigued mind
Our souls they knew each other
And would not be denied

You came, you saw, you conquered
This heart that sought not love
Our eyes searched for each other, 
Our hands, they yearned to touch

You came, you saw, you conquered,
Whispered 'til early dawn
Our lips they found each other
In the stillness of the morn

You came, you saw, you conquered
My body and my soul
Our hearts beat for each other
Together we are whole


© Alison Jackson 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment