Saturday 15 March 2014

A Spring Wedding

We had lunch at La Torretta early today, so that we 
could be back home in time for the Italy v England
Six Nations match. Always a game watched with 
divided loyalties, although I'm rooting for
Italy because they are, as ever, the underdogs.
They were 3-0 up after 7 minutes & then I blinked and
it was suddenly 3-10 to England. Hubby 
decided he didn't want to watch the slaughter
so we headed into Santa Maria for our afternoon walk. 

And if we hadn't gone into town at precisely that moment,
I would have missed a fab photo opportunity....
for as we walked along Punta dell'Inferno,
we came across a 'Weddingmobile'


As we approached, I asked hubby if he thought I should be
brave enough to ask to take some photos.
The wedding party couldn't be more pleased that I did,
but I'm saving the best for last, and letting the
pictures do the talking....

The steps to the Santuario di Santa Maria a Mare are garlanded with ivy & lilies




Some of the guests had 'graffitied' the steps









No comments:

Post a Comment