Sunday 20 April 2014

Buona Pasqua


It's finally Easter Sunday, & although I've only been back home
for 6 days (although not until 10.30 pm if I'm being pedantic),
it feels like a lot longer. And today has been another one
full of 'firsts'....

The thought suddenly dawned on me yesterday that I'd never 
actually had an Italian Easter egg - 3 years, 4 months & 9 days 
of living here & I STILL hadn't had an Easter egg! 
I decided to remedy that by giving hubby my
last €10 note & sending him on a mission
to find me an egg.....and if he came back with a
Kinder egg, his life would be in serious danger.
He excelled himself & got the last Perugina Baci egg
at a bargain price


Apparently it is good luck to break the egg, so we did that
together this morning....


and I had an Easter breakfast of strawberries & chocolate - yummy!


Then we headed for San Marco, which usually holds an open air
Mass, but as the weather was 'iffy' they hadn't set up an outside
altar, they just relayed the service to those of us gathered
in the piazza


But one of the concelebrant priests did bring the hosts
out to the top of the church steps, so I decided
this was the year I'd go up to take Easter
communion, something I haven't done since 2007.
It felt right.....and it felt good


No comments:

Post a Comment