Sunday 6 July 2014

Another Year Older

For those of you who may not have realised,
it was my birthday on Thursday.
Yes, the number on the page has changed from 56 to 57 -
not that I feel a year older. If anything,
I feel younger than I did last year - maybe I'm 
a female Benjamin Button?

This is my birthday, in picture form...

It started with fireworks at midnight


I went to bed at 1.30 am, only to be up again 
at 5 am, which meant I saw the blush of dawn



Followed by that perfect moment when the sun breaches the mountain


An afternoon walk along Via Flavio Gioia


Took us to Baffo, who makes the best gelato in Santa Maria....
I chose Menta & Cocco and it was absolutely delicious!


And in the evening we dined at Lo Sparviero, both opting 
for Spaghetti alle Vongole.....
It's been more than 12 months since I had that dish
& it was utterly mouthgasmic




Followed by a walk under the moonlight


Before going home to celebrate as couples who still love each other
to bits usually celebrate



No comments:

Post a Comment